Saturday, February 25, 2023

Limerence

 You still kill me softly, quietly...

Wounds without weapons or words...

Year after year with no end...

I have no defense from your sweetness...

Haunting, brilliant, graceful, fulfilling...

Moments and memories that still spark...

It brings, it stings, and then sorrow...

Knowing tomorrow isn't for me...

That this love is purposely set aside...

An old broken play thing...

Discarded at your leisure...

So the pleasure and the forever...

Was just a lie or a tease...

And is never mine...

Still I am pining...

Every wish, every prayer...

Cast from despair...

Meeting the same sad end...

Nothing...

Yet this heart still bleeds for you...

Needs for you...

Calls out and pleads for you...

And what can I do...

Nothing...

You own my thoughts...

Your stitching and bewitching...

Too hard to untangle...

Or maybe too hard to let go of...

I remember us...

I defended us...

Why did you not fight for us...


No comments:

Post a Comment