Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19: End of the week blues

While it is certainly not the happiest moment for me knowing that I will be returning to the grind of "the work week" tomorrow, here are a few things I found rather satisfying... Now I did get the jump on most everyone with my weekend being Friday/ Saturday (And not Saturday/ Sunday) but it was rather nice watching everyone start getting to work on their landscaping, having put the finishing touches on our yard this morning and enjoying a nice cold beer under the shade of my willow tree with the family to escape the hot sun. Talk about "watching things grow", that willow tree was just 1 inch around and 8 feet tall 5 years ago when we planted it and now it is almost 2 feet in diameter... the home of several birds... casts a 25-30 foot shadow and makes for a nice summer day get-away for the family (Maybe in another year I can put  picnic table under there or a hammock, that would be awesome!).


Another nice thing is the little cooler that we all got from our work on Wednesday. A just-because gift to the employees that I found conveniently holds 6 bottles of beer and plenty of ice to keep them cold. I think they just know how we feel on Saturday thinking about going back to work Sunday morning (Could be why we got company logo beer mugs for Christmas also, I'm just saying! ;-). Everyone of us got plenty of vitamin D and exercise this weekend... we all ate well... had just enough down time to keep us sane and things stayed pretty cool at night for some good sleeping (Except for one little fire alarm mishap!). Well Sunday is closing in on me faster then I would like, but so is all the fun that summer has to offer and that... I am looking forward to!

-mark

No comments:

Post a Comment