Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Off the wagon!!!

It hit me today how chaotic and stressful the last few days have been as my wife and I are rushing the kids through a fast after dinner walk and my daughter asks if we can stop and look at the flowers... and we say nope we have to hurry because we need to be back home soon... and then she stops in protest and asks, "Why can't we just stop and smell the flowers" (Which just happened to be roses I might add). She was right of course, we hadn't really taken the time to do that over the last few days. Everything has been kind of a blur... and the heat didn't help, it just kind of defeated me before I could get going. I even read through the past few things I have written and noticed a decline in the "Happiness" theme of which this blog is dedicated (Sorry for that). Although things were a little less then happy, I could sense that there were things heavy on my mind that I had to air out. And I think that, while not the most happy, cleansing the mind of the things that are weighing heavy on you is sometimes the only pathway to positive, happy thinking and reflection. So now that all that is behind me for the moment I will stop and smell the flowers, but probably not until I can get a good nights rest ;-) So good night!!! And don't forget to stop and smell the flowers once and awhile!



-mark

No comments:

Post a Comment