Saturday, May 19, 2012

*Chirp*... *Beep*

Nothing's better than the chirp of a fire alarm with a low battery at 2am in the morning. Or the fact that it sets the dog into a frenzy, bolting through the house barking at nothing. If that isn't bad enough, there is a strange ambiance outside and through the house... toying with my paranoia and so I become the panic stricken dog peering out the windows and running through the house wondering what is going on. Which one of those buggers is it? I pick out a lonely fire alarm (Which I have at this point now been calling something else with the initials "F" and "A") in hopes that it will get me through until the morning so I can finish my sleep. I lay back down and close my eyes...

*Chirp*... *Beep*

3:30am... wrong one I guess. I lay in bed for a few minutes (Already well aware that I don't have anymore 9 volt batteries) and begrudgingly volunteer myself to go to the 24 hour market to buy some more 9 volts and replace them all, which I was planning on doing at a more decent time later (Like let's say 1pm or at least even 8am when most stores are open). So where is the positive in this? Well, all the fire alarms have fresh batteries... It's a crazy night/ morning on the weekend and not a work night... the house can now rest in peace... sweet rolls were on sale 3 for $5... and I will be a hero when everyone else rolls out of bed smelling their tasty sweetness :-)...

*Chirp*... *Beep*

... Ah, crap!

-mark

2 comments:

  1. One thing I've learned is that the reason why the dog goes crazy with the fire alarm is that it is really close to the sound that the wireless fence makes if she is getting close to it. She's freaking out because she thinks she is going to get zapped. She would have hated living in the house when Mom used to make pork chips. . .uh. . .chops.

    ReplyDelete